It is difficult to break the addiction cycle, but you can regain control of your life, health, and future with prompt and appropriate medical care. The next step is preventing relapse. As with any chronic medical condition, once you recover from addiction, you must take every precaution to prevent its recurrence.
Because you’re always focused on what you need to do to stay healthy, some people say that you’re always in recovery after an addiction recovery at our Nasha Mukti Kendra in Amritsar, Punjab. That’s not a bad thing, but if you want to avoid relapsing, you could use some help and special skills.
Know What Triggers You Personally
A trigger is something that makes you more likely to relapse. Identifying one’s own unique triggers is an essential step toward avoiding relapse at our Nasha Mukti Kendra in Amritsar, Punjab. Among the more typical triggers are:
- Particular individuals, such as relatives, friends, co-workers, or previous acquaintances.
- places that bring back traumatic memories
- Places where substance abuse is common.
- The places or people you were with when you used drugs in the past.
- Sounds or sights that bring back memories of the substance.
- Feeling a lot of stress.
- Feeling unappreciated or bored.
- Guilt or feeling inadequate.
- Traumatic experiences in the past.
- Peer pressure.
- Major life change, like moving or starting a new job.
- While some triggers may be obvious to you, it can be challenging to avoid others because they are more difficult to pinpoint. In addition to teaching, you how to avoid triggers in the first place, psychotherapy and behavioural therapy can help you identify your triggers and learn safe, healthy ways to manage them.
Why at our Nasha Mukti Kendra in Amritsar, Punjab do we focus on yoga and meditation?
Addiction is accompanied by a number of additional physical and mental health issues. In order to deal with mental health issues like anxiety, depression, temptation, stress, and many more, yoga and meditation are essential.
We have early morning yoga and meditation sessions led by professionals here at our Nasha Mukti Kendra in Amritsar, Punjab. You can learn more about yoga poses and breathing exercises from these professionals, which can help you feel less stressed and anxious while also strengthening your body.
One of the most significant and effective ways to reduce stress and end the cycle of negativity in your mind is through meditation. One of the most significant and effective ways to reduce stress and end the cycle of negativity in your mind is through meditation.
Regular meditation practice aids in changing your negative thoughts into positive ones. For those who are battling drug or alcohol addiction, this is crucial.
Get in touch with our team to know more.